Sunday, July 24, 2011

The food stinks

I feel whiny today so I'm going to complain about the food.
The food stinks!
They freeze dry about 50% of everything we eat, it can be fun but wierd. The ice cream is probably my favorite if I had to choose a food. Its like compacted sawdust when you put it into your mouth but when you chew it for a few seconds it turns into kind of a pudding. I almost never had non-freeze-dried ice cream so I don't have much to compare to but I think it's almost as good.
It seems forever since I've had a piece of fresh fruit, I would even be happy for some fresh veggies.

I wish I had veggies
All moist and green
If they aren't freeze-dried they have a wonderful sheen
Oh how wonderful they are
I only wish they had them up on this desolate star.

-a short peom by an average astronaut

1 comment:

  1. love the poem. Hard to imagine missing veggies, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete